School opened for the first time on September 6, 1905. A tax was voted on which amounted to about $20,000, and it was used to build a high school and to repair and build rural schools. A two-story frame building on Bridge Street, which was originally used as a store, was rented from Jules Broussard; later it was torn down, and the lumber was used to build the old Knights of Columbus building on Washington Street. The Red Building was completed in 1913 at a cost of $20,000. The school lot was donated by the town. The Town Hall, a wooden frame building at the corner of Bridge and Berard, was located on this lot; it had served as a place for giving plays, holding political meetings, etc. The first two graduation exercises were held in this hall. This building was moved to the site at the Armory Hall, and it was later used as a primary school building. The school was state approved in 1912. The White Building was completed in 1922 at a cost of $85,000. This was necessitated by the consolidation of rural schools. Construction of an Armory Hall in 1924 by the National Guard was to be used as a gymnasium. The primary building, the former Town Hall, was moved to the back of the Armory Hall to be used for an office and storerooms. The old Breaux Bridge Senior High School building was destroyed by fire in 1976.
The current Breaux Bridge High School's construction began on August 2, 1972. It was occupied by students on February 28, 1974. Dedication ceremonies for the new Breaux Bridge Senior High School were held at 1:30 P.M. on Sunday, April 21, 1974. The academic building area is 69,104 square feet, the industrial arts building is 9, 768 square feet, and the gymnasium building is 34, 765 square feet for a total of 113, 637 square feet. The building contains 3, 800 cubic yards of concrete; 40 tons of reinforcing steel bars; 136,500 square feet of reinforcing steel mesh; 209 tons of structural steel and steel joists; 286,000 face bricks; 57,000 common bricks; 110,000 concrete blocks; 3,200 square yards of carpet; 370 tons of air conditioning; 80 thermostats for control of cooling/heating; 4,300,000 BTU of heat; and 2,000 ampere electrical service at 480/277 volts.
Lindsey J. Landry was principal of the new building, and Charles Mouton, Jr., was assistant principal. Teachers included F. Collins, B. Eddy, M. Finley, C. Gathe, B. Girard, D. James, E. Moss, T. Breaux, A. Roberthon, O. Frederick, J. Jones, T. Peltier, J. Yunis, C. Caillier, E. James, C. Theriot, P. Arceneaux, C. Patin, J. Smith, Schalaida, C. Sonnier, G. Anderson, W. Sheppert, M. Pothier, C. Foster, K. Guidry, G. Mouton, W. Burkhalter, W. Mitchell, A. Gaines, R. Burdick, D. Fuselier, S. Porche, J. Hebert, and C. McFarland. Rodney Ledoux was guidance counselor, Gloria Domingues was librarian, and Sally Dugas and Beverly Cormier were office personnel. The lunch room staff consisted of G. Chauffe, S. Frederick, R. Frederick, E. Auguillard, G. Simon, and H. Broussard. The maintenance staff consisted of C. Roy, T. Henry, R. Simas, and D. Guidry.